We are an international company in the field of medical societies. We are looking for a motivated addition to our Bratislava office to support our Editorial Office team of one of our radiological journals.
Our ideal candidate has at least a basic background in science or research in the medical or biology. Great organizational abilities are a requirement, as on a daily basis, there is a wide array of different topics and jobs to keep track of. New manuscripts come in every day and ability for prioritizing tasks as well as time management skills are required.
• Read abstracts of incoming manuscripts, assign to Editors depending on topic
• Check and adjust manuscript keywords to match to reviewers in our online database. [This requires reading and understanding of the abstract and parts of the manuscript]
• Select reviewers from our database or search for people with matching expertise in various online databases
• Check incoming revised and resubmitted manuscripts (incl. reviews and author comments) and decide whether to send it out for review again or whether to notify the Editor in Chief to make a decision
• Answering emails from authors, reviewers and Deputy Editors
• Reviewer database maintenance (recruitment and registration of new reviewers)
• Detailed support of the Deputy Editors and the Editor-in-Chief (such as discussion of problematic papers, potential dual publication or scientific misconduct cases, author enquiries and appeals, pre-submission enquiries or where Editor input is required in the reviewer selection process)