The Project Coordinator coordinates translation, DTP and localization projects by producing high quality material, meeting the client’s (internal or final) deadlines and financial targets.
• Initiate the project planning process by providing a quality check of the source files and analyzing source materials by means of the production tools;
• Schedule and book the manpower needed, make the schedule according to the client’s request;
• Monitor the job in progress on a daily basis and report to the client (internal or final);
• Maintain an up-to-date project schedule according to the project;
• Share any information concerning the project with the client (schedule, issues, delay, delivery, instructions, etc.);
• Ensure quality output according to guidelines, instructions and checklists;
• Execute pre-processing and post-processing by applying ITP tools when applicable, check reports issued by tools and take necessary actions, make the necessary conversions to facilitate the translation or DTP process, etc.;
• Check data, instructions, profiles, workflow;
• Develop and maintain internal and external communications protocols regarding project flow;
• Manage translation memory updates, issue status reports to clients and to internal management;
• Draw up and update guidelines and checklists to improve the coordination processes at any time;
• Work closely together with other team members;
• Support and promote efficient working and continuous improvement.