- Preparation of offers
- Collection of orders
- Order processing and delivery handling
- Invoicing, handling claims, solving simple technical questions
- Reminding external clients on not payed invoices or other issues
- Contact for claims from client's site
We are currently looking for 5 operation managers working in our customer service centre team. Right now we need:
- 1 colleague with proficient knowledge of English + Slovak + Polish,
- 2 colleagues with proficient knowledge of English + Italian
- 1 colleague with proficient knowledge of English + Russian
- 1 colleague with proficient knowledge of English (an advantage would be also
We are looking for talented candidates for Delegate Sales roles, to join our team and contribute to our constantly increasing business.
Allan Lloyds provides business conferences, summits and seminars with global coverage that serve as independent discussion platforms with high level managers from leading companies in industries like Pharma, Banking, Telecom, Gas & Petroleum, and more.
As a Sales Executive you will deal directly with C level executives worldwide and invite them to attend Allan Lloyds events. You will have the chance to facilitate learning and networking opportunities, as well as business relationships between major players in the industry.
- Research to identify key decision makers within different industries and countries
- Lead sourcing and pitching on the phone to effectively attract delegates to our events
- Develop and manage your own network of contacts
- Contact old and new clients, as well as follow-up on brochure requests or other enquires forwarded by the marketing department
- Use the event’s description, and benefits to develop efficient pitching strategies
- Build strong, profitable business relationships and ensure sales targets achievement
Taxify is one of the fastest growing transport technology companies in Europe & Africa with over 800,000 happy customers in 15 countries. We build a smartphone app to take safe and fast rides – all at the tap of a button.
- Analyze data and stats to improve Taxify app
- Train & monitor drivers to ensure quality service
- Handle support requests from our riders and drivers
- Figure out the logistics of how many drivers are needed where and when
- Plan and execute referral and incentive programs to ensure great coverage
We really want you to:
- be a great communicator
- have a data-driven analytical mindset (excel pro)
- be a hustler, not stopping after 20 obstacles a day
- a BA in economics, finance is handy
- have excellent spoken and written English
Now armed with a fresh round of funding we are eager to grow even faster and expand to new cities. We are looking for a thrived Support Manager who can help us launch the product in Slovakia.
The main responsibility will be to support the senior implementation teams in the preparation and refinement of process documents. Specific responsibilities include:
- Providing support during process design sessions with local subject matter experts and department heads
- Owning the creation of process maps, operating procedures, client request forms, and quality checklists using standard templates
- Coordinating the review and sign off of key business documents
- Completing data analysis to aide decision making, business cases and KPI reporting
- Supporting the implementation of new ways of working to drive efficiency and improve service quality
- Assisting the project managers in key planning and governance activities
- Managing their own workload across a number of projects, reporting to weekly project governance
Shell Energy Europe (SEE) is responsible for the trading and marketing of gas, power and environmental products in Europe, and is active in 17 countries. SEE was formed from the merger of Shell’s gas marketing and trading businesses in 2009, and leverages the integration of these capabilities to offer “Energy Solutions for your Business” to customers, including industrial gas consumers, power generators, gas producers and international merchants.
To join our Operations team in Bratislava, we are currently looking to recruit an
GAS & POWER OPERATIONS ASSISTANT - Central Eastern Europe
The Gas Operations Assistant will be a member of the CEE (Central Eastern Europe) Gas Operations team, responsible for managing natural gas flows especially in Slovakia, Austria, Czech Republic and Hungary to ensure the smooth and accurate day-to-day processing, monthly and quarterly reconciliations of all administrative tasks related to the operations of our natural gas activities. To the main responsibilities will belong forecasting, data analyses using own developed tools and daily administration of huge data flows.
Individually responsible for supporting the CEE Gas Operations Team Lead, managing the CEE integrated gas portfolio balance: contracting, capacity booking and reporting (end-users, trading companies, transit companies, Central European Gas Hub).
Setting up/developing own operations models and calculations in cooperation with Gas Operations Team Lead to improve effectiveness and accuracy. As a member of the international Central Eastern Europe Gas Operations Team responsible for cooperating with, supporting and substituting the other team members
with an integrated (regionalized) team manner and increasing the cooperation with/level of support from Central Gas Operations in London.
We offer an exciting job within a rapidly moving regulatory environment and highly demanding competition phase. Within this team you will be a part of young and motivated team.
With a graduate degree in economics, mathematics, technical, IT or a similar discipline, and with at least two-year work experience, you have already gained experience in a business environment.
Fluent English, Slovak and Hungarian language is a must. You will read many documents/legislation
in English and Hungarian language and communicate in English on a daily basis.
You possess Excel skills (VBA or vb.net or C# is an advantage), strong analytical and numerical skills as well. You will work result-oriented and pro-actively with appropriate IT tools. You are willing to work under tight time schedules.
Our company environment is highly focused on teams working across all functions. Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work and communicate effectively in multinational, multidisciplinary or virtual teams
with colleagues at all levels are thus essential.
The preferable start date is May 2016 or upon agreement.