As a Field Applications Engineer you will assist our Software Development team in providing support to customers and in various projects. You will contribute in the development of new Corinex Products by providing insightful customer feedback, working in cooperation with the industry's largest corporations to fine tune performance, specification and application for the utility markets.
• Form strong business relationships with the customer at various levels of the organization
• Troubleshoot and provide accurate and timely resolution to customer issues
• Pro-actively identify issues by becoming familiar with customer's technical and business environment while providing recommendations for resolution to these issues
• Share knowledge by writing technical documents and pro-actively sending helpful technical information to customer (upcoming patches, technical news, etc).
• Document and communicate work performed in provided systems and documents as requested
• Deliver technical presentations and/or training to diverse audiences.
• Assist in the implementation of Smart metering products/solutions in line with specific Consulting engagements.
• Travel up to 50% of the time.
• Operate, maintain and calibrate laboratory instruments as required by calibration program,
• Validation program implementation and monitoring,
• Lead the work with risk analysis - process FMEA,
• maintenance of technical documentation
• cooperation with departments within the company and mother company
• communication with customers and suppliers about technical documentation
• Leadership of change management- change of product documentation
• Customer relations for quotation purpose
• Management of quotations
• Creation of Customer / internal Cost Break Down
• Responsibility to answer in time to the customer
• Management of changes (technical / Tooling / Volumes..)
• Leading technical meeting to get the inputs for the quotation
• Contact to suppliers
• Check the real costs once the project is in place
• Able to get estimations quotes in a short time
• Any other related tasks given by superior
• Acting according to principles of work safety and fire prevention
Pall's Global OLP (Operational Leadership Program) program is a dynamic two year rotational program consisting of diverse functional opportunities generally spanning two or more Pall locations. OLP Participants will have deep exposure to:
• Supply chain
• Strategic sourcing
• Operations excellence (lean/continuous improvement)
• Environmental health and safety.
OLP participants have a supportive curriculum of professional and leadership development, mentoring from senior leaders and opportunities to attend global symposiums. Participants are educated on Pall's Vision, and Values and Pall’s processes, products and services. The 2017 cohorts will be developed as future Pall leaders and will work on compelling, high visibility projects.
Pall considers the OLP to be a path to roles in technical leadership, site leadership and consideration for general management. The Pall culture is results oriented and customer focused. We value not only a job well done but welcome those who exhibit the highest standards of integrity and the personal drive and initiative to foster new solutions to make Pall and its employee community more successful.
Candidates selected for the program have a history of strong academic achievement in engineering, prior demonstrated leadership and have excelled in community, professional or extracurricular activities. This combined academic achievement and experience is used to evaluate the candidate’s maturity for future leadership roles, commitment to personal excellence, and ability to collaborate with others to achieve outstanding results.